Deja Marc Care Guide
Made from only high quality precious metals, we understand your personalised Deja Marc jewellery is special and sentimental, so it's important to take care of your keepsake jewellery to extend its life.
Deja Marc jewellery is made entirely from high quality precious metals, as every personalised piece is either 9k / 14k Solid Gold, 18k Gold Vermeil, 18k Rose Gold Vermeil or Solid Sterling Silver.
Our 9k and 14k Solid Gold pieces are made to last forever and worn for eternity. Our 9k & 14k gold chains and pendants are 100% 9k & 14k solid gold meaning they will not oxidize or discolor, so you can wear them every day.
All gold jewellery is made from an alloy, a blend of precious metals, because pure gold is too soft to stand against the test of time. Our Solid Gold pieces are created by mixing 100% gold with metals such as silver, copper, and zinc. The specific combinations give us the stunning gold tone seen in our solid gold collections.
18K GOLD VERMEIL
All of our 18k Gold and Rose Gold pieces are vermeil. Vermeil (pronounced ver-may) is a 18th century French jewellery technique which refers to the materials used as well as the plating method. The base is .925 solid Sterling Silver, with a thick layer of 18k Yellow Gold or Rose Gold. In order to be titled 'Vermeil', the gold must be over 10k and plated to be 2.5 microns (fives times thicker than normal plated jewellery). We also add a palladium layer to ensure the lasting of our plating.
Sterling Silver is a precious metal made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals which ensure it's long lasting and durable. Hence why Sterling Silver is often referred to a 925. Our Sterling Silver pieces are all plated in Rhodium, a rare precious metal which gives your jewellery extra shine and protection.
CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY
Given the sentimental nature of the product, we encourage you to follow these general care rules to ensure a quality and long life of your piece:
- Avoid saltwater, chlorine in pools, soap, perfumes and other creams. Please remove and be mindful of these substances on your jewellery.
- Avoid contact with excess water and steam and do not wear in the shower, while bathing or swimming.
- Protect your jewellery from extreme sunlight and temperatures.
- Remove before doing household cleaning or gardening where chemical sprays are often used.
- Remove your necklace for all sporting activities and physical based exercises. Store your jewellery in a safe dry place when not worn. If stored for a long period of time, we recommend this stored in a professional anti tarnish jewellery box.
- To clean and polish use your complimentary anti-tarnish microfibre cloth.